Thursday, September 08, 2011

A serendipitous colour-matchy day, with Opecat



I have been sending off for a ridiculous quantity of fabric samples - I am creating a proper window-seat for folk to sit on, curl up on, look out at the world through big windows from and browse the webs from. But not, sad to say, enjoy the company of cats from - I suspect Environmental Health would have a view on that which differs from the cat cafes of Japan. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I do colour-matching. So, having settled on my fabrics - making my own window-seat upholstery, of course - I needed a patterned set of cushions or fabrics to back it up with. So, behind Opus cat, on the floor, there's my set of fabric samples I've settled on.

And today I found the perfect mix of patterned cushions and plain chenille ones. In British Home Stores. Did someone re-engineer that store while I wasn't looking? Because they are ACE. Great fabrics, beautiful colours and amazing prices. Honestly, I'm not on a retainer. But I'll be shopping there again. Isn't it fabulous when a plan comes together? And do I need to mention how brilliantly they match my fabric samples? Maybe not. Maybe I do, considering how well they are hidden behind the moglet's feet. But I do have to say how fabulous their staff were in chasing down a damson-coloured cushion which the Princes Street branch didn't have, but the Cameron Toll branch did. Thanks, ladies, you were the epitome of great customer service.

I am having too much fun. Shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment